Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4

Our contractor started (kinda)! We got our new furnace and hot water heater this week along with an upgraded gas piping system. (woohoo??). The hot water heater is a tankless one which is basically a computer with some heat coils.

We got most of the tiling finished this week so not we just have to finish a bit and then we can grout. Geoff finished the mudding and taping so we can soon paint the bathroom. I’m very eager to do this so that we can get the toilet installed! I love how the boarder turned out in with the shower tile, but boy does tiling take FOREVER! I’m impressed at Geoff’s skill and he even taught me how to use a tile saw!

I picked the paint color for the bathroom and I think I may have finally picked a color for the rest of the apartment, but with all those choices I may just change my mind again. We also ordered our granite countertop and the doors for the bedroom/bathroom. While we were there we picked up a garage door opener which Geoff installed on Saturday.

The sad part of this week is that we failed at getting a dumpster. We were supposed to have one delivered on Friday but there is still too much snow :(. We also meet with our FHA inspector and made our first draw for money. We’ll see how that goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment